Data from the World Bank's comprehensive education statistics database, which compiles data from a variety of national and international sources and provides information on key education topics.
- - Brief on Education in South Asia
- - Afghanistan: Education is a critical ingredient to poverty alleviation and economic growth.
- - Bangladesh: Large strides towards universal primary enrolment for both girls and boys has been taken.
- - Bhutan: Recently achieved universal primary enrolment.
- - India: Education is key to enhance competitiveness in the global economy.
- - Maldives: The Maldives provides primary education for all.
- - Nepal: Community management of schools have achieved improvements in overall education.
- - Pakistan: Education is key for progress.
- - Sri Lanka: In education, Sri Lanka is one of the best performing countries in South Asia.