The Middle East and North Africa Region Impact Evaluation Initiative (MNAIE) is a program of the World Bank that:
- Coordinates rigorous impact evaluations of World Bank projects and country programs in the Middle East and North Africa Region
- Provides technical assistance to task teams and government agencies to design and implement impact evaluations through the entire project cycle.
- Supports capacity building for implementing agencies and policy makers for results-based policy making
As part of the Bank wide Development Impact Evaluation Initiative, MNAIE's overall objective is to generate knowledge to inform policy decisions and program design throughout the region, and to mainstream learning into the operational cycle. MNAIE is coordinated from the Middle East and North Africa Region's Social and Economic Development Group.
On-going impact evaluations in the region focus on three major themes:
- Finance and Private Sector Development, in particular, Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Human Development, in particular, Social Protection and Education
MNAIE has identified two focus areas for new impact evaluations:
- Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Fragility and Conflict
Tara Vishwanath, Lead Economist, MNSED
Nandini Krishnan, Economist, MNSED
Impact Evaluation in the World Bank Regions