- Working at the World Bank
- Programs & Internships
- Junior Professional Associates
- Young Professional Programs
- Junior Professional Programs For Afro-Descendants
- MIGA Professionals Program
- Legal Associates
- Donor Funded Staffing Program
- Global Secondment Program
- Saudi Recruitment Program
- Voice Secondment Program
- Current Job Openings
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career in the World Bank.
It is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management. In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its inception, the YP Program has hired over 1,500 people who now hold positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
Please note that the Young Professionals Program does not currently recruit individuals who specialize in disciplines such as: Computer Science, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Law, and Linguistics.
Am I Eligible?
- 32 years of age or younger
- A Master’s degree and 3+ years relevant professional experience or continued academic study at doctoral level
- Specialization in a field relevant to World Bank operations
- Fluency in English and in another World Bank working language
Ready to Apply?Confirm you have everything you need.
Download the YPP BrochureThe Young Professionals Program: A Career in International Development
The Young Professionals Program provides you with fascinating opportunities in global development."