- Working at the World Bank
- Programs & Internships
- Junior Professional Associates
- Young Professional Programs
- Junior Professional Programs For Afro-Descendants
- MIGA Professionals Program
- Legal Associates
- Donor Funded Staffing Program
- Global Secondment Program
- Saudi Recruitment Program
- Voice Secondment Program
- Current Job Openings
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after September 30, 1980)
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent [?]
- Be fluent in English
- Please note that full proficiency in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is strongly desired.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
In order to be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
Please note that the Young Professionals Program does not recruit individuals who specialize in disciplines such as: Computer Science, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Law and Linguistics.
Applicants fit to a “T”
The aim of the Program is to identify candidates with technical depth and professional breadth.
I was fortunate to have been in the Young Professionals Program as I had the opportunity of working with really good professionals and mentors.”