News Contacts Checklists Plan Summary Claims For Admins
The Medical Benefits Plan (MBP) is a health plan operated by the World Bank Group for locally recruited staff and their eligible family members for medical plans. See eligibility in enrollment Checklists. MBP assists members in meeting medically necessary medical expenses of certain treatment/services, facilities and supplies.
The Plan is:
- Contributory group insurance plan with 75% of the premium funded by the Bank;
- Reimbursement plan;
- Mandatory to locally-appointed staff (excluding those holding STCs and STTs appointments).
The World Bank's MBP Claims Administrator is Vanbreda International (prior to July 2011 - GMC).
There are different MBP coverage plans dependent on your status in relation to the Bank:
- For Active Staff - AMBP
- For Retirees - RMBP
- For those who have cancelled Active or Retiree plans - Continuation plan - CMBP -See Checklists for details on all plans, eligibility and enrollment.
Change of MBP administrator to Vanbreda on July 1, 2011. See Kiosk announcement (accessible only on Intranet).
- Contact the Vanbreda directly with questions about coverage or claim processing:
- Contact the World Bank Group's HR Service Center with questions on eligibility and enrollment - via email email@example.com, FAX: +1-202-522-3574, or post:
World Bank MSN G2-201
P.O. Box 27290
Washington, DC 20038-7290, USA
Contact Field Health Services of acute illnesses:
Lorraine Lynch Nagy, RN
phone +1-202-458-4505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Johanne Sud, RN
phone +1-202-473-6919 or email@example.com
Quinn McClean, NP
phone +1-202-473-4695 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Bank's security in emergency cases via phone +1-202-458-8888
Checklists (Step-By-Step Process Guides with Forms)
MBP Plan Summary
Resources For Country Office Administrators