When Short Term Consultants (STCs) and Short Term Temporaries (STTs) undertake authorized official World Bank Group mission travel, they are insured under the World Bank Group Accidental Death Insurance program subject to exclusions:
- Coverage is three times net annual salary to a maximum of US$250,000, but not less than US$50,000.
- An additional benefit equal to three times net annual salary (subject to a maximum of US$100,000) exists for death during official travel as a passenger involved an aircraft accident.
- An additional benefit equal to three times net annual salary (subject to a maximum of US$250,000, but not less than US$50,000) exists for covered loss as a result of an act of war (declared or undeclared).
- If both the additional aircraft benefit and the additional act of war benefit are applicable to the loss, only the act of war benefit is paid.
- Please note 'net annual salary' for the purposes of this insurance benefit only is calculated based on actual Bank Group earnings for the 13 week period (annualized) immediately prior to a covered loss.
Please review the coverage and limits: Medical Expense Benefits.
Since the Bank Group does not provide accident insurance benefits (other than above), STCs and STTs should review their personal insurance coverage and ensure adequate medical, life and accident coverage is maintained, depending on their own personal and financial situation.
Medical Insurance Options for STC/STTs page may be used by STC/STTs to find a medical insurance option appropriate to their needs.
Designation of Beneficiaries
Without a beneficiary designation, the spouse or partner is paid automatically by the insurance company for an approved accidental death claim.
Note: If there is no spouse/partner and no designation, the insurer will pay to the Estate.