The Sponsored Medical Insurance Plan provides worldwide comprehensive health and prescription drug insurance to an eligible parent and parent-in-law. Complete details of plan coverage are contained in the MIP Summary Plan Description
. Refer to summary of the Sponsored Plan benefits
You, as an active staff member on Regular, Open, Term appointment at Headquarters (ETC or ETT staff are not eligible), and your parent or parent-in-law must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must currently participate in the MIP for Active Staff, with Aetna as your insurance administrator. The Sponsored Plan is not available for retirees or for staff who have elected Vanbreda to administer their MIP claims.
- Your parent or parent-in-law must be single, widowed, divorced or legally separated.
- Your parent or parent-in-law must reside permanently with you at your duty station.
- You must provide 51% or more of your parent or parent-in-law's total financial support.
- Your parent or parent-in-law must have a gross annual income of less than $10,712 gross per calendar year from all sources, including Social Security, pension, investments, and support from other family members such as your siblings.
Be aware that the barrier to enter this medical plan is high and those who have pre-existing conditions are usually rejected.