Please note, the official holidays observed at the World Bank office in Washington, D.C., are as follows:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday - Third Monday in January
- George Washington's Birthday - Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day -July 4
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Columbus Day - Second Monday in October
- Thanksgiving - Fourth Thursday in November and the Friday immediately following (in lieu of Veteran's Day)
- Christmas Day- December 25
At the Washington, D.C. office, when January 1, July 4, or December 25 falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday will be observed as an official holiday.
When any of these dates falls on a Sunday, the following Monday will be observed as an official holiday.
When January 1 and December 25 fall on a Tuesday or Thursday, staff not otherwise instructed will be excused from duty on the preceding Monday or the following Friday, respectively.
When January 1 and December 25 fall on a Wednesday or Friday, staff members not otherwise instructed will be excused for a half day on the preceding afternoon.