Contributions from DGF have enabled the Bank to participate in programs that have, inter alia, made vital contributions to:
- Promoting environmental sustainability, through the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF), the Growing Forest Partnership (GFP) and Capacity Building for Managing Water Scarcity in MENA;
- Addressing critical urban and infrastructure challenges, through the Cities Alliance Program, the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) and the Public Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF);
- Combating disease, through Research and Training on Tropical Diseases (TDR), the Stop Tuberculosis Partnership (Stop TB) and the river blindness programs;
- Contributing to knowledge for development, through the Global Development Network (GDN), the Marrakesh Action Plan for Statistics (MAPS) and Strengthening Bank Support for the Arab World;
- Improving financial services and the investment climate, by the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative and the Sub-national Development Technical Assistance Facility;and
- Advances in agricultural research, by the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
In FY10 the DGF supported a total of 54 priority programs. Click here for more details