Registration for non-World Bank staff is by invitation only.
World Bank staff may register through the LMS.
The Symposium will be held at:
The World Bank
Conference Room MC 2-800
1818 H Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20433
Building passes will be available for all registered participants between 8:00-8.30am at the registration booth found in the MC Building, 1818 H Street, NW. Participants are required to bring photo identification, such as passport in order to obtain their badges. For security reasons, participants are advised to wear their badges throughout the duration of the Symposium.
Please find below a list of hotels that are located within walking distance to The World Bank, with the exception of those marked with an asterisk*. Participants are requested to make their own reservations directly with the hotel and must cover their own hotel expenses. A credit card is required to guarantee bookings. Also, please note that rates indicated below exclude taxes and other related service charges.
- Melrose Hotel
2430 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20037
- Washington Suites Georgetown
2500 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20037
- Hotel Lombardy
2019 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 2006
Single: $199.00 Double: $199.00
- Club Quarters Washington DC
839 17th St., NW
Washington, DC 20006
- The George Washington University Inn
824 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20037, Foggy Bottom Metro
- Days Inn Arlington Pentagon*
3020 Columbia Pike
Arlington, VA 22204
Single: $99.00 (Pentagon Metro)
- Residence Inn by Marriott Pentagon City*
550 Army Navy Dr.
Arlington, VA 22202
Fax 703-418-1751 Single: $129.00 (from $129 and up) (Pentagon City Metro)
*These hotels are located in Arlington, VA, approximately 15 – 20 minutes to the Bank by metro.
Travel & Visa
Participants traveling to the United States must possess valid travel documents and the necessary visas for entry into the country. Participants are also responsible for their own travel arrangements.
We regret that we are unable to meet you at the airports serving Washington, D.C. Therefore, if you arrive at:
- Washington Dulles International Airport in Virginia-30 miles from downtown Washington, D.C. you can take a taxi for approximately $65 to the above listed hotels.
- In nearby Reagan National Airport, the taxi fare should be approximately $20-$25.
- Metro: The nearest Metros to the World Bank and area hotels, are: Farragut North (15 min.; Red Line), Farragut West (5 min.; Blue and Orange Lines), and Foggy Bottom (15 min.; Blue and Orange Lines)