The WB Education Projections module gives users easy access to projections of data on educational attainment, enrolment rates, primary completion, and gender parity. Projections can help to identify countries that are already on a path of adequate growth to reach targets like the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) from those countries where policy change is needed to accelerate growth.
The module complies data from five projection models into the Projections Query:
• The Education Policy and Data Center (EPDC) Enrolment Rates Model contains projections of enrolment rates and gender parity indices (GPI) of enrolment rates for more than 150 countries until 2015. EdStats analyzed this data set in an EdStats Newsletter on Universal Primary Education by 2015.
• The Barro-Lee Dataset gives a comprehensive picture of the distribution of education attainment and human capital among age groups and genders in 146 countries between 1970 and 2010.
• The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis/Vienna Institute of Demography (IIASA/VID) Educational Attainment Model includes educational attainment distributions (primary, secondary, tertiary, or no education) for 120 countries by age group and gender from 1970 to 2000 and projections to 2050.
• The EPDC Educational Attainment Model produces similar projections to the IIASA/VIS model for 81 countries for the period 2005 to 2025.
• The EPDC Primary Completion Rate Model includes projections of gender-disaggregated and total primary completion rates for around 140 countries from 2007 to 2025.
To learn how to use the Projections Query, please see The New Education Projections Querry
edition of the EdStats Newsletter.
Further information on projection models can be found through the Inter-Agency Network on Education Simulation Models (INESM). INESM is a portal that brings together tools, expertise and experiences related to Education Simulation Models (ESMs) developed for various contexts and purposes of strategic and operational education planning.