The World Bank hosted the X Meeting of the Global Remittance Working Group in Washington D.C., on April 20, 2012. The event convened governmental authorities, other international organizations and members of the private sector to discuss the highly-relevant policy issues.
- “Remittances data: What are we measuring?” Tamara Razin, Statistics Department, International Monetary Fund.
- Measuring remittances flows in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Country experience, Mher Barseghyan, Central Bank of Armenia.
- Migration and Remittances Household Surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa. Sonia Plaza, DEC-PREM, World Bank.
- Household International Migration Surveys in the Mediterranean Countries (MED-HIMS). Evis Rucaj, DECDG, World Bank.
- The Global Effort in the Remittances Arena. Massimo Cirasino and Dilip Ratha, World Bank, GRWG coordinators.
- Russian and Foreign MTOs in the Domestic Market. Lydia Troshina, Director of Balance of Payments Department, Bank of Russia.
For more information, please contact the Secretariat of the Global Remittances Working Group (Carlo Corazza – firstname.lastname@example.org, or Isaku Endo – email@example.com).