| ||The Financial Market Integrity Group provides technical assistance in Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) to build capacity for client countries in all related areas. |
Types of assistance include:
· Create country-specific laws and/or regulations on AML/CFT; provide recommendations on a client country’s existing
laws and/or regulations; and conduct legislative
and/or regulatory drafting workshops. At such
workshops, we work with domestic experts in
drafting the legal instruments, while ensuring
conformity and consistency with the local
· Set up effective institutional frameworks by helping client countries improve domestic coordination at the policy and operational levels; help allocate responsibilities and accountabilities in the implementation of AML/CFT measures; and set up Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) that are operationally independent.
· Foster the implementation of an AML/CFT regime by enhancing the supervision of financial institutions and, depending on a country’s risk profile, the supervision of designated non-financial businesses and professions; and train financial-sector supervisors to implement on-site and off-site supervision through manuals and/or questionnaires.
· Develop financial intelligence capacity within a client country’s FIU and law enforcement agencies by providing recommendations on international best practices on the design of their collection, analysis, and dissemination frameworks, with the objective of identifying possible instances of money laundering and terrorist financing; and conduct workshops with various stakeholders on analysis techniques and the identification of case typologies.
· Enhance the ability of the judiciary, including magistrates and prosecution, and law enforcement agencies, to investigate and prosecute money laundering and terrorism financing through investigative tools, including forfeiture, freezing, and confiscation.