e-Development Thematic Group/GICT and
PREM Gender & Development Group
Presented a Seminar on
Monday, Feb 25, 2008; 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Room I 8-300 & Live Webcast
- Lauren Rawlings, Program Manger, IFC Village Phone Program
- Homira Nassery, Public Health and Gender Specialist/HNP Focal Point for Fragile States, World Bank
- Maria del Carmen Vucetich, Manager, Tortas Peru
- Barbara Waugh, Director, University Relations, Hewlett-Packard Company (HP)
- Mavis Ampah, Regional Coordinator for Africa, CITPO (Opportunities for women in ITES industry: Case of Ghana. Presented for other gender related activity)
Chair & Opening Remarks
- Samia Melhem, Senior Operations Officer and Chair, e-Development TG (GICT)
- Ann Holmes, Ann Holmes & Associates.
- Samia Melhem (GICT) & Kayoko Shibata (PRMGE)
During the lunch hour, 12:00-1:00p.m., two films on Busy Internet's Business Incubator (Ghana) and Tianjin Women Business Incubator (China), both infoDev projects, were shown, presented and discussed by Seth Ayers (infoDev) (www.infodev.org).
e-Development Thematic Group is a global forum and community of professionals interested in the role of ICT in development, open for participation by both World Bank staff and external clients and partners. The e-TG is hosted by Global ICT Dept in collaboration with ISG, WBI, PREM, and other partners. Visit us at http://www.worldbank.org/edevelopmentto download materials for this and all previous e-development seminars (over 120 since 2000).