The business strategy widens the directions and deepens the routes that will be taken to meet the evolving development agenda. For the five-year period ahead, the business strategy sets five key strategic directions, as summarized below. In implementing those directions, it recommends priorities for each region, four process adjustments, and a plan for monitoring progress.
1. Create the conditions for increased support for transport investment and governance.
2. Deepen engagement in the roads and highways subsector.
3. Increase engagement in the urban transport subsector.
4. Diversify engagement in transport for trade.
5. Transport and climate change: control emissions and mitigate impact.