Baker, J. Urban Poverty: A Global View. World Bank. January 2008.
Baharoglu, D.and C. Kessides. Urban poverty chapter of the PRSP Sourcebook. Chapter 16. World Bank, Washington, D.C. March 2004.
Baker, J. and N. Schuler. Analyzing Urban Poverty: A Summary of Methods and Approaches. Policy Research Working Paper Vol. 1. World Bank. Washington, D.C. 2004.
- Farrington, J., T. Ramasut and J. Walker. Sustainable Livelihoods Approaches in Urban Areas: General Lessons, with Illustrations from Indian Cases. (pdf file) SIDA, March 2002.
Ravallion, M. On the Urbanization of Poverty. World Bank, Washington, D.C. 2001.
World Development Report 2000/2001: Attacking Poverty. World Bank.Washington, D.C. 2000.
Back to top
Assessing Urban Poverty
- Goicoechea, A. Preparing Surveys for Urban Upgrading Interventions. World Bank. 2008.
- Baker, J. and N. Schuler. Analyzing Urban Poverty: A Summary of Methods and Approaches. Policy Research Working paper Vol.1. World Bank, Washington, D.C. 2004.
Energy and Infrastructure (ECSIE). Dimensions of Urban Poverty in ECA, World Bank Report, Washington, D.C. 2006.
- Lanjouw, P., J. Mistaen, and B. Ozler, Poverty Mapping in Urban Areas. 2002. World Bank. Washington, D.C.
Back to top
Guidance Notes on Services for the Urban Poor: A Practical Guide for Improving Water Supply and Sanitation Services. Water and Sanitation Program. August 2009.
Global Experiences on Expanding Services to the Urban Poor. Water and Sanitation Program. March 2009.
World Bank. Dhaka: Improving Living Conditions for the Urban Poor. Bangladesh Development Series, Paper No. 17. The World Bank. June 2007. (Resource web site)
Bigsten, A., Mengistae, T., and Shimeles, A. Mobility and Earnings in Ethiopia's Urban Labor Markets 1994-2004. Policy, Research Working Paper 4168. The World Bank. March 2007.
Urban Crime and Violence Prevention: NewResource Guide for Latin American Municipalities. World Bank. Washington, D.C. April 2003.
Baharoglu, D. World Bank Experience in Land Management & The Debate on Tenure Security. 2002.
- Upgrading of Low income Urban Settlements: Mali. World Bank. Washington, D.C. January 2002.
- Shelter Finance for the Poor. Cities Alliance and Partners, 2002.
- Cities on the Move. Urban Transport Strategy Review. World Bank, Washington, D.C.2002. Background papers.
How to Make Poverty Alleviation Strategies Participatory?
How to Assess the Impacts? Monitoring and Evaluation
- Impact Evaluation for Slum Upgrading Interventions. Field, E. and M. Kremer. World Bank. Doing Impact Evaluation Series No. 3. 2006.
Hentschel, J. City Poverty Assessments. World Bank, Washington, D.C.
Kolev, A. and R. Nitti. Constructing Multi-Sectoral Monitoring and Evaluation Indicators for Poverty-Focused Interventions: The Case of Infrastructure. World Bank. Washington, D.C. July 2001.
Baker, J. Evaluating the Poverty Impact of Projects: A handbook for Practitioners. World Bank, Washington, D.C. 2000.
- Monitoring and Evaluation. Chapter of the PRSP Sourcebook. World Bank. Washington, D.C.
Angel, S. Upgrading Indicators: measuring the performance of national urban upgrading programs. World Bank. Washington, D.C. September 1999.
Strategic Poverty Reduction Links