The Governance group supports the collection, rigorous analysis, careful interpretation, and transparent dissemination of data for empirical research, capacity-building, and learning programs. The data and associated analysis and research does not necessarily reflect the views of the institution or its executive directors, and care needs to be exercised in its use and interpretation as per detailed description in each dataset. Some datasets listed in the left-hand navigation under Data provide an interactive interface for web users; additional data resources are provided below.
The Governance group supports the following datasets in an interactive web interface for use as 'e-learning' tools. The aim of such tools is to have maximum interactivity with the user, who can select countries, types of governance variables, presentational charts, ways to navigate through a worldwide governance map, tables and statistical information, all tailored to a variety of needs. The data and interactive web tools permit access to aggregate governance indicator data as well as firm-based survey results.
Please note that the data and associated analysis and research does not necessarily reflect the views of the institution or its executive directors, and care needs to be exercised in its use and interpretation as per detailed description in each dataset.
Other Data Sets
- Executive Opinion Survey in the Global Competitiveness Report 2006-2007 - World Economic Forum
- Corporate Corruption/Ethics Indices 2004 (Papers and Data)
- World Business Environment Survey (WBES) 2000
- World Development Report Business Survey 1997 -The purpose of the survey was to better understand the constraints imposed by government action that hinder development of private business.
- Unofficial Economy Dataset (133 kb xls)- This dataset contains measures of the unofficial economy for 69 countries across the world. An exposition and analysis of this data can be found in the Journal of Public Economics paper "Dodging the Grabbing Hand."
- Indicators of Governance (PREM) - Indicators of Governance & Institutional Capacity
- Data Group (General, DEC) - A comprehensive listing of country and regional data.
- General Research Datasets (DEC) - Search World Bank datasets or view them by topic.