The scholarship is fully funded by the Government of Japan, and provides for the recipient only the following benefits:
· economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and one return journey following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the ticket, you will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
· tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university. please note that all our partner and preferred masters programs are 2 years or less and the scholarship covers the duration of the program;
· a monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books. The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
· expenses for the scholar's family;
· extra-curricular courses or training;
· language training that is not provided by the graduate program;
· additional travel during the course of the study program;
· expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships that are not part of the curriculum of the graduate program; or
· educational equipment such as computers.
Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship may only supplement, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship you might have. If selected as a finalist or if you are awarded a scholarship, you must inform the J/WBGSP if you have other sources of scholarship funds. The JJ/WBGSP stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the Program has evidence of additional sources of support.