The Program gives priority to Central Africa, but individuals from East Africa, Great Lakes, and Indian Ocean African countries may also participate.
This Program is geared towards civil service professionals who have solid knowledge of economics, a four-year university degree or its equivalent, and who have at least four years of professional work experience in economic policy management (preferably in a Ministry that deals with planning, economy and finance, commerce and industry, or agriculture).
Criteria for Admission
Admission to the Program is based on a written test covering economic subject matter, an excellent university grade point average, and on demonstrated superior professional competence. Training courses are limited to 30 participants. To be eligible, candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- Possess a degree in economic sciences or in management, or an equivalent degree (economic statistics engineer, agricultural economics engineer);
- Be fluent in French, and proficient in English; and
- Have at least four years of professional civil service experience, preferably with Ministries involved in economic policy management and/or in the private sector, banking sector, central bank, and national and regional financial institutions.
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Program Director before the annual deadline:
- A completed application form;
- A current and detailed curriculum vitae; and
- Certified copies of your highest and most recent university diploma(s).
Candidates who send in the required documents by the due date and who meet admission criteria will be invited to take the written entrance exam, which will be held in the capitol of the candidate's native country (test site to be determined at a later date). Once the tests are graded, the University of Yaoundé II sends a list of eligible candidates to the JJ/WBGSP who, in collaboration with ACBF, is responsible for the final selection during the first two weeks of July.
|Economic Policy Management Program|
|Professor Roger TSAFACK NANFOSSO|
|Université Yaoundé II |
|Faculté des Sciences Economiques et de Gestion |
|Programme de formation en Gestion de la Politique Economique (GPE) |
|Directeur du programme GPE|
|Tél:||(237) 22 23 84 36 Fax: (237) 22 23 84 28 |